Established in 1999, Rainbow Services works to alleviate the effects of disadvantage, deprivation and social exclusion through imaginative projects that support, enable and develop people and organisations across Harlow.
Rainbow Services’ core services are:
- Infrastructure Support – to local voluntary and community groups: quarterly Voluntary Sector Forum; weekly information e-bulletin; one-to-one guidance (governance, funding); skills workshops; volunteering; partnerships.
- Community Builder project – building capacity and resilience across communities and reducing isolation.
- Business Engagement Project – matching assets (skills, people, resources) of local businesses with voluntary and community groups.
- Digital Inclusion Project – developing smart homes and delivering digital learning sessions.
- WECAN – exists to build stronger links and opportunities between the VCS, Commissioners, statutory partners and business. Currently working on the United in Kind campaign.
- Recycling Workshop – developing skills and building positive community connections through building and upcycling items for community organisations, supported by volunteer mentors, with: